11.20 Opening notes from the session chairman Chrysostomos Efthymiou - Marine Officer - Cyprus Shipping Chamber
11.25 “Digital Transformation in the Shipping Industry” – Dr. Ioannis Filippopoulos – Assistant Professor at Cyprus International Institute of Management (CIIM) – AMMITEC Member
- The presentation addresses shipping companies' integration into the new digital age and how this digital transformation can be used in favour of ports.
- Answers are being sought on whether a digital transformation is possible with the current maritime situation and known industry diversifications.
- Whether it is feasible to transfer on board the technological innovations we are experiencing onshore, and more generally, whether some standards or methodologies could be adopted and followed to change the mindset and how the shipping companies operate.
11.45 “How digital technology can improve safety at sea?" – Francis Zachariae – Secretary General - IALA/AISM
- IALA change of status – an organization for the Coastal State
- Accidents at Sea and how digitalization could improve safety
- IALA's mission to develop and harmonize – the work of the Committees with regard to digitalization
- A look into the maritime future
12.05 “Making Sense of Marine and Maritime Processes through intelligent information acquisition and representation” Ioannis Kyriakides - Senior Scientist - CMMI
This presentation describes research and innovation projects that support environmental, social, and economic sustainability via intelligent data acquisition and information sharing and environmentally sustainable food production.
12.25 “Developments in maritime digitalisation - keys to success for sustainable maritime digitalisation”- Jeppe Skovbakke Juhl - Manager Maritime Safety & Security - BIMCO
- Developments in maritime digitalisation
- Shipping has taken a gigantic leap forward on working digitally during the Covid-pandemic outbreak
- Digitalisation is not necessarily about making the internet faster or collecting more data. It is more about how to develop a smarter human interface with the technology available; a way to become more efficient
- Everyone is looking for a competitive advantage and many see the field of digitalisation as one such area
- Maritime digitalisation is likely to become a game changer in near future
12.45 – 13.15 Panel discussion on "How Digitalisation will drive Decarbonisation” - Moderator: Andreas Chrysostomou - Chief Strategy Officer - Tototheo Maritime
Paola Hadjilambri - Director of Business Development - Michael Kyprianou – Advocates & Legal Consultants
Francis Zachariae – Secretary General - IALA/AISM
Ioannis Kyriakides - Senior Scientist - CMMI
Capt. Eugen Adami – Managing Director - Mastermind Group
Alexandros Josephides - Deputy Director General/Marine Manager - Cyprus Shipping Chamber
Dimitris Tsoubelis - SAP - Business Architect, member of Global Services Architect Community