ANNOUNCEMENT - Postponement of the 1st CSN Cyprus Shipping ICT Conference to May 2020
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 across the globe, it is with extremely heavy heart to inform you that the 1st CSN Cyprus Shipping ICT Conference to be held in Limassol, Cyprus, on 18 March 2020 has been moved to May 7, 2020.
Even though we have not experienced any drop of interest from participants, neither have we received any cancellation requests we believe that the concerns and difficulties of people to travel would affect the overall quality of the event. Furthermore, we have been advised that companies in Cyprus have issued policy to their staff members to avoid big gatherings. Although our conference will be live broadcasted over internet streaming and people can watch the conference from their office desks, we believe that is not nice neither fair to the speakers to present in front of a half empty conference room.
Therefore the CSN Organisers, having previously consulted with the Shipping Deputy Ministry and the Cyprus Shipping Chamber, decided to reschedule the 1st CSN ICT Cyprus Shipping ICT Conference from March to a new date which will the 7th May in Limassol, Cyprus.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation in this unprecedented situation.
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Precautionary Measures
You are kindly requested to take note on the following Precautionary Measures in place by the organisers in line with the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak:
- Close monitoring and full enforcement with immediate effect of any announcement or guidance from the Cyprus Ministry of Health, as may be applicable
- Increased cleaning and disinfection programme on venue, across all high-volume touchpoints, e.g. catering areas, surfaces, handrails, WCs, entrances/exits, public touch-screens, etc. along with the use of correct cleaning/sanitising materials and products is in place.
- Restrict entry to any person who has travelled within the last 14 days in any high risk area (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea, Italy, Singapore)
- Provide a safety briefing during opening of the event on implementing effective personal hygiene measures and common preventive behavior along with a recommendation of the adoption of a ‘no-handshake policy’
- Expect that attendees will not to be wearing masks, as same are to be worn by confirmed patients in line with Ministry of Health announcements, and make sure that these people will not be allowed entrance in any of the venues
- Last, but not least, ask those who are not feeling comfortable to attend any of the Award and Forum events, for any reason, to avoid attending at the venue